How to Use this Site
Three Ways to Search:
- Enter the abbreviation to be defined (either upper or lower case; no spaces; no periods)
- Enter a drug name to identify its generic or trade name
- Enter a word, or the first word of a phrase, to search for an abbreviation for that word or the phrase beginning with that word
- If a search for an abbreviation ending with an "s" produces no results, it may be the plural of one that exists. Enter the abbreviation again without the ending "s".
- If requested, we will research the meaning(s) of an abbreviation not listed, if you include the context in which it was used.
- To be connected to the Wikipedia monograph, click any primary word in the search response.
- Drug name abbreviations and slang are shown for informational purposes only, and should not be used.
See also: Abbreviation WARNINGS
Become a Subscriber
To take full advantage of MedAbbrev.com's extensive database of abbreviations, acronyms, and drug names, become a subscriber today.